Call for Papers is now open!
DEADLINE EXTENDED! New submission closing date is Monday 5 August 2019 (9:00AM AEST) – SUBMIT TODAY!
Papers are invited for the Australian Biomedical Engineering Conference (ABEC) 2019, being held from 17-20 November 2019 at the University of Melbourne, Victoria.
This Conference provides the opportunity for the researchers of universities and academic institutions, and for industry engineers, to discuss the current and future advanced topics in biomedical engineering. The official language of this Conference is English.
The topic areas invited for ABEC 2019 include:
- Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering
- Medical Applications of 3D Printing
- Manufacturing (Start-ups, standards and Regulatory Processes)
- Digital health and Cybersecurity
- Biomedical Engineering Education
- Clinical Engineering and health technology management
- Rehabilitation Engineering and assistive technology, Biomechanics and Computational
- Biosensors, Wearables, NeuroEngineering, Biomedical Signal and image Processing
- Machine Learning and Big Data; Artificial Intelligence and Robotics
- Surgical Technology, Implantables and Cardiovascular Devices
- Papers in other topics relevant to biomedical engineering will be considered
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
Please submit your paper online no later than midnight AEST on Friday 19 July 2019 via this page. Papers may only be submitted through this online portal and will not be accepted by fax, email or post.
Please note: the submitting author (if different to the presenting author) will be the one linked to the paper and will receive all relevant information via email. It is the submitting author’s exclusive responsibility to ensure that all emails relating to the paper are passed onto the presenting author and any other relevant parties.
Papers submitted to ABEC 2019 should be original and not have been presented at another conference or published in manuscript form.
ABEC 2019 accepts original review papers.
- There is no word limit; instead the paper must be limited to either one-page or four-pages following the supplied templates and formatting requirements. Authors must choose one option only.
- The presenting author(s) name(s) must be typed in bold.
- All author details and affiliations must be included.
- The first author’s email address must be included.
- Paper title is limited to 20 words.
- Author bio is limited to 100 words.
- Figures and tables are allowed.
Publication of Papers: RMIT INFORMIT
Please ensure you include the ISBN number in your submission as per the template below;
ISBN Number: 978-1-925627-43-5.
Presentation options available:
- Oral or Poster
Please note that while there is no limit on the number of papers you can submit, the Scientific Committee will, where possible, limit the number of presentations per first author to one.
Successful papers must be presented by the lead author/s or a nominated co-author. The presenting author’s name must be listed in bold font in the author list.
Submissions must be original works which have not been presented previously.
Acceptance or otherwise is at the discretion of the Scientific Committee whose decision is final.
All accepted submissions will be peer-reviewed and published on the RMIT INFORMIT database after the conference (www.informit.org).
Presenters of accepted papers are required to register and pay to attend the Conference as a delegate for at least the day they are presenting. Failure to do so will result in the author being removed from the program. Presenters must also arrange and pay their own accommodation, travel etc. to attend the Conference.
Select the appropriate template below – you must choose one only for your paper submission:
*Must include the ISSN Number: 978-1-925627-43-5 as per the template.